Ok first before I go on my rambling spree, I feel the need to let the world know that I love cheesy photos on my blog. I stumbled upon this picture and there is something about this picture that moves me. Mostly because it reminded me of my devo today. Which brings me to my second of all, if you read "Streams in the Desert" then you will recognize this as today's devo which is where the inspiration comes from, it's not me stealing the wisdom of others. Yikes.
"...Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you from today..." Exodus 14:13
I have found that in my life the Lord often asks me to stand still. But I'm human and I usually don't want to do that. I sometimes stop and laugh at myself because I try to do so many things without His help and then have to slap my hand to my forehead and say "Who the poop do you think you are?" and I have found that when I stop, stand still, and wait, the Lord miraculously leads the way on how to get out of the mess I'm in.
Satan doesn't want me to do that, and like I said, the human in me freaks out and wants to do anything but just stand still. The Coward Gabby wants to go back to the worldly ways and hide, telling me that it is too difficult to be a Christian, and that I am not able to play that part. Irrational Gabby gets antsy standing still. She screams out "DO SOMETHING!" She paces back and forth racking her brain for another option. It's a shame that she doesn't know that "not only will the Lord do something, but He'll do everything." Hopeless Gabby panics. She whimpers and begs me to find a rock and hide. She waves her hands in the air saying "Yoo-hoo! GIVE UP! It's easier that way!"
But the beautiful thing is, is faith doesn't answer to cowardice, irrationality, or hopelessness. Faith drowns all that out and hears the Lord whisper stand still. The beautiful thing is that as we stand still before God, He is renewing our strength for an even greater adventure.
Have you ever heard a song over and over, but the lyrics finally hit you one day as you are sitting alone, or in your car alone, or being still, listening? The chaos of the world hinders the meaning, the words, the depth, and when we stop, stand still, and listen, we finally hear.
and so Exodus 14:13 goes on to Exodus 14:14 stating that
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
You. He'll fight for YOU. The one who secretly wants to do it on your own, or hide. The one who secretly thinks "I don't have what it takes." STOP. The Lord IS fighting for you. Be still.

You are a beautiful writer and i love you:)
ReplyDeleteHi. You don't know me. I was listening to your mix on 8tracks and noticed you had a blog, which I do aswell. Out of curiosity I scrolled down your page and came to this one and it knocked me a little. Exodus 14:14 was my first favorite verse. It's awesome! Anywho, my name is Christopher and I'd like to get to know some more about you if you didn't mind. Click on my name and check some of my writing if you're interested. Oh here: 8tracks.com/macbethkid84 That's my 8tracks if you wanna take a listen. By the way I really enjoyed your mix, very cute. Keep it easy, hope to hear from you, sorry about the rambling.
ReplyDelete